We will always do our best to act in our mutual interest, but sometimes it’s best to have a few things written down so that we both know what’s what, who should do what, and what happens if things go astray.
You won’t find complicated legal terms or long passages of unreadable text in this contract. We have no desire to trick you into signing something that you might later regret. We do want what’s best for the clarity and safety of both parties, both now and in the future.
This Agreement (“Agreement”) is by and between Metamonks and its parent company “Müller Mirjam & Steinweber Philipp GbR”, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, licensees and representatives and You, Your heirs, agents, successors and assigns (“You”), and is made effective as of the date of electronic execution.
By participating in this transaction, You acknowledge that You have read, understand and agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement along with any new, different or additional terms, conditions or policies.
SUBMITTING ARTICLES TO METAMONKS OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES
- Articles must be original works that are new and have not been published elsewhere before.
- You may not submit or publish articles, that have been accepted and published by Metamonks, to other blogs/platforms/etc. including your own.
- Content must be your own work. Plagiarism or copyright infringement is not permitted.
- When quoting others, please cite the source, including the website.
- Content must be objectionable in our reasonable but exclusive opinion. No racist, hateful, discriminatory, illegal, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content will be published.
- You may promote your article on your own website, Twitter, Facebook, or other social media forums.
- Please keep your submission between 800 and 1500 words. Longer posts are permitted as long as the content is relevant.
- Contributor/Author will submit a short bio to be included with the article. Contributor is required to provide a photo. Metamonks will not create a bio for Contributor.
- Guest Posts itself shall not include any affiliate links.
- Metamonks reserves the right to add its own links where appropriate.
- Metamonks reserves the right to publish the article to any of its blogs and magazines, if the article’s topic fits the audience.
- The Contributor shall not be entitled to any other compensation for writing the post or for any revenue generated from affiliate links, if included.
- Guest Posts shall include images/video under the following circumstances:
- The Contributor must be the copyright holder of the image/video or the image/video must be licensed under an appropriate creative commons license or in the public domain.
- The image/video can be utilized by Metamonks and its affiliate.
- Metamonks reserves the right to change the image/video.
- If people are included in the image/video, the Contributor must provide written release allowing use of likeness
- Any image/video submitted must be specifically related to the post
- Images/video may be no larger than 2MB
- All images shall have proper attribution
- Metamonks reserves the right to deny or remove any image/video it deems inappropriate or contrary to the values of the Metamonks website.
- Contributors will receive the writing credit as author of their post.
- All articles will receive at least one (1) link to the Contributor’s homepage/blog in the bio, if Metamonks and You agreed to that in advance. If the Contributor is paid by Metamonks for the post, the publishment will not include a backlink.
- Metamonks may amplify the Guest Post on a variety of social media networks, websites or within the published member newsletter, but does not guarantee any particular site or reach. Metamonks is able to include excerpts of the Contributor’s work in social media content.
- Unless agreed otherwise, Metamonks does not permit links to the writer’s website within the post – the only place for the link is the author’s bio.
- Links to third-party sites shall be approved by Metamonks and must be relevant to the topic.
- All SEO’d anchor text or tags will be reviewed and subject to inclusion at the discretion of Metamonks.
- Excessive links or links that appear to be affiliate or spam will be removed at the discretion of Metamonks.
- All Guest Posts will be reviewed and approved by Metamonks prior to posting.
- Metamonks reserves the right to edit articles, titles and bios where necessary to ensure the article is consistent with the values of Metamonks.
- Contributors may be requested to edit the submitted article. If you elect not to edit it in the accordance with Metamonks’s reasonable requests, we can revoke our acceptance of the article for publication.
- Metamonks will review any material changes made prior to publication.
- Metamonks reserves the right to refuse publication or remove the article without prior notice to the Contributor.
- By providing an article to Metamonks, you agree you are not becoming part of the website nor shall you hold yourself out to be more than a Contributor of the Metamonks website.
- Metamonks reserves the right to refuse publication of any post that appears to have been submitted for the purpose of advertising a business or service. Metamonks charges for sponsored posts and advertising and arrangements can be made by completing a Preferred Vendor Application.
- Metamonks reserves the right to remove any article at any time after it has been posted all at Metamonks’s sole discretion. We are not obligated to provide a reason for any removed or rejected articles.
- Metamonks and its affiliates are held harmless from actions by third parties asserting the rights to the image/video/article. You will be responsible for any costs incurred by Metamonks and its affiliates for defense or settlement of third-party claims, including, but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees of Metamonks.
By submitting an article, you agree that you have read this Agreement and agree to be bound by it.